The Research Output management, FAIRness & sharing Working Group (WG) is the communication platform to discuss anything around (meta)data including but not limited to data reuse, data quality and completeness, data management solutions, (meta)data standards, FAIRness. ontologies, and knowledge graphs. In this function, it is connecting data management solution providers with users of these solutions across projects in the EU and globally (see below). Requirements are collected, challenges are identified and potential solutions discussed to break up data silos, avoid them in the future and, in this way, pave the road towards a global harmonised and interoperable nanosafety ecosystem.
Data management, FAIRness and data sharing are (still) very important areas and under constant development. Additionally, new research foci like Safe-and-Sustainable-by-Design and circularity add new challenges with respect to digitalisation and interoperability of data from many different disciplines and sources. To be able to address these in a harmonised and interoperable way, the WG is fostering knowledge exchange across all projects by bringing together all players responsible for data-related work packages.
Additionally, it is the central contact point for all the other working groups and other activities in need of data management support either as data providers or data users. This is not limited to the NSC but the WG sees itself as link to the global nanosafety community as well as neighbouring communities represented e.g. by these activities:
- S.-EU Communities of Research
- InChI Trust NInChI working group
- International Network Initiative on Safe & Sustainable Nanotechnology (INISS-nano)
- GO FAIR and especially the GO FAIR AdvancedNano Implementation Network
- European Partnership for the Assessment of Risks from Chemicals (PARC)
- ELIXIR and especially the ELIXIR Toxicology Community
- Advanced Materials Initiative 2030
- European Materials Modelling Council (EMMC) and European Materials Characterisation Council (EMCC)
- CODATA and Research Data Alliance (RDA)
The present structure of this WG is the following:
Recent and ongoing activities
The minutes of the recent telcons are accessible here.
Monthly teleconferences are (normally) organised on the second Tuesday of the month, at 3pm CEST (or 3pm CET). Please contact the chairs to get personal invitations and join the NSC mailing list to stay up to date.