ASINA has the ambition to promote consistent, applicable and scientifically sound safe-by-design (SbD) nano-practices, by considering all the nano-enabled products (NEPs) design dimensions: functionality, production technologies, safety, environmental sustainability, cost effectiveness and regulatory requirements, in line with research responsible innovation (RRI) policy. We planned to develop intrinsically safe and sustainable nanotechnological solutions (Safe-by-Design approach) for the development of 1) antimicrobial coatings (in the textile and air filtration sector) and 2) lotions / sprays / gels with anti-aging/antimicrobial effect (in the cosmetic / sanitation sector). Given the current Covid-19 emergency, we would like to improve the design and test of the proposed nanotechnological solutions, also against corona virus, in particular we would like to provide in short time a response on the effectiveness of:
- variously functionalized textiles for face masks, surgical or specific PPE (AgNPs enriched). ASINA companies involved are COLOROBBIA and MICA and also further end-users outside consortium.
- photocatalytic air filters for the sanitation of indoor environment (TiO2 based technology): ASINA companies involved are companies COLOROBBIA and WIVA
- antiviral ingredients (Ag-NPs/(bio) polymeric matrix) delivered at liquid (polymeric capsules dispersed in oil) or powder state (spray-granulated powder). ASINA companies involved are BIONANO, REDOFVIEW
1 March 2020 – 29 February 2024
- Project Coordinator: Anna Luisa Costa – Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics (CNR-ISTEC), Faenza, Italy
- Project website: https://www.asina-project.eu/
- E-mail: Isella Vicini – Dissemination Manager