The NSC Coordination Team (CT) is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the NSC, including the execution and materialisation of the decisions taken by the Steering Group (SG) and liaise with stakeholders. The NSC Coordinator and Coordination Team members are elected from the SG for a period of 2 years and can only be re-elected for a second term in a row and convenes, normally, on a monthly basis.
The team, along with their respective liaison, is currently composed by:
- Eugenia (Éva) Valsami-Jones (NSC Coordinator, University of Birmingham, UK), liaison General Overview and Organisation
- Andreas Falk (Coordination Team Member, BioNanoNet Forschungsgesellschaft, Austria), liaison Industrial Affairs
- Monique Groenewold (Coordination Team Member, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Netherlands)
The main tasks and functions of the Coordinator and the Coordination Team are:
- To arrange and Chair Steering Group meetings
- To chair meetings of the NSC and plenary meetings of the NSC
- The coordinator is the main contact point for representatives of the European Commission (e.g. EU DG R&I)
- The CT communicates with the Steering Group via the coordinator.
- Responsibilities will be split between the CT to optimise the functionality of the NSC (e.g. Working Groups, Task Forces and/or Dissemination Group support, website hosting and development, industrial and regulatory issues)
- Organisation of the biannual NSC plenary meetings
- Preparation of the minutes from the Steering group and NSC plenary meetings
- Facilitating the communication between the Steering Group and/or Dissemination Group with respective NSC actions (e.g. Task Forces, EU-US Communities of Research)
- Conducting special tasks such as publishing document of the NSC
The NSC secretariat is led by Cris Rocca, University of Birmingham (UoB) and supported by BNN.