Printing Exposure Working Group (WG3)
Chair: Claus Svendsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, NERC-CEH (GUIDEnano, NanoFASE)
- Wouter Fransman, TNO (GUIDEnano, NANoREG)
- Soco Vazquez, LEITAT (GUIDEnano, NanoFASE, CaLIBRAte)
- Representative to the Cluster Steering Group: Claus Svendsen
- Sub-group on Release - Soco Vazquez (GUIDEnano, NanoFASE, CaLIBRAte)
- Sub-group on Environmental Fate & Exposure - Claus Svendsen (GUIDEnano, NanoFASE, CaLIBRAte)
- Sub-group on Human Exposure- Wouter Fransman (GUIDEnano, SUN, NANoREG)
Aims and objectives
- To encourage sharing of project methods, techniques/results/data by coordination and sharing through various means and activities.
- To encourage cross project technical best practice to extract, prepare and analyse samples, to characterise and quantify NM exposure properties in real product lifecycle, exposure and environmental samples.
- To encourage sharing of project results/data by coordination of transfer and hosting of libraries/(databases)
Prospective coordination actions
- Harmonization of data collection, analysis, reporting, and formats for storage and retrieval.
- Development and agreement on research priorities
- Coordination and resulting tuning of running/planned projects activities between projects in the area of exposure assessment; subdivision of work etc.
Proposed coordination tool – Small focused meetings/workshops
- Focus on the immediate science issues, but keeping longer term issues (comparability & databases) in mind during development.
- ~30pers, 1-2 days on a main issue +possible mini workshops/training elements
- Target the relevant projects and their key people to send for the set issue (based on NSC Compendium or FP7 NSC review).
- Include completed, finishing and starting projects to ensure handover of the state of the art and research priorities between projects
- Ideally focused towards delivering a review paper (combining motivation and guarantee of communication all in one);
- Release Sub-group:
- 1st Workshop - Harmonization Release Methods (Helsinki, April 2015 (SENN2015)
- NEW Release WG3 SubGrp formed lead by Soco Vazquez (LEITAT / GUIDEnano)
- Environmental Sub-group:
- Good meetings at SETAC Barcelona (GUIDEnano on organizing comm. and chaired main nano sessions).
- Characterization WS and Training in Vienna Sept 2015 – linked with OECD WG.
- Human Sub-group:
- Joint GUIDEnano, NanoReg and SUN measurement campaign was concluded,
- Harmonisation of exposure data collection and sharing (NANoREG, SUN, GUIDEnano, ProSafe, eNanoMapper). Using NECID (Nano Exposure and Contextual Information Database) as a shared structure to collate and share exposure data.
- Review of risk management along the lifecycle of nano-enabled products within the SUN and GUIDEnano projects.
- Open Workshop on ontology Basel Feb 10th 2016 organised by eNanoMapper, with sessions on Release, Environmental and Human Exposure assessment delivered by GUIDEnano, NanoFASE, SUN and NANoREG.
- Open Environmental Exposure Workshop
- Joint action of NanoMILE with JRC, supported by GUIDEnano and NanoFASE, Spring 2016
- 1st Open NanoFASE stakeholder workshop - Sept/Oct 2017
- Addressing Release and Environmental exposure – Modelling, Measurements and Implications
- Includes training course
- Open NanoFASE workshop / conference on airborne ENM: Measurements, Implications and Modelling - Nov/Dec 2017